Thursday, 13 September 2007

Catching up...

I'm still around! I've been really busy this week with Toby being back at pre-school, starting my tai chi classes, and I've bought loads of books that I am ploughing my way through.

The Manchester meet is on Sunday and I am so excited about it! It will be great to finally meet some of the people that have truly enriched my intuitive eating experience. Then on Monday evening I'll be travelling down to London and staying overnight before my Chocolate Fairy training interview on Tuesday. Good luck vibes would be greatly appreciated!

All the course materials for the Level One course towards my psychology degree arrived yesterday as well. It looks fascinating and I can't wait til it starts (Oct 6th). We have been given an introductory booklet to work through in the meantime, focusing on how to read and take notes effectively.

As for my eating, it's mostly going ok. I am still finding myself restricting myself without really noticing, and it's hard to get out of the cycle. I restrict myself, so I crave, then I tell myself I am only craving because I am restricting so I resist so I crave more and so on... I find I have to really, honestly let myself have what I want to have (which feels really scary) and sometimes I notice that almost immediately the craving subsides because I never really wanted it in the first place, but sometimes I eat it anyway. I'm getting much better at not having a go at myself though, which really helps things.

I bought a copy of Beyond Chocolate for my mum but she hasn't said anything about it, so I think that maybe she's not convinced it is a viable solution for her. It is hard though when she is always beating herself up publically for having gained 1-7lbs. I don't want her to be going through that pain that I'm sure most serial dieters go through, but I guess intuitive eating is something you really need to believe in.

I can't believe I'm almost at the end of my e-course already! It has been fantastic so far, even though I am taking it a little slower than the course runs at. I am pretty sure I'm going to sign up for the Guru Club after the e-course has finished. The sense of security that you get from knowing that there is always someone there to help is fantastic, really reassuring.

And talking of things going fast, it's almost time to start preparing for Christmas! I'm not sure what we will be doing this year. We went away last year which I absolutely loved, but the family were slightly offended so we won't be doing that this year. Ben is planning a weekend trip for just the two of us in December to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. I have been given a list of seven places that it could be. It started off as a huge list, and he asked me to pick the places I want to go to the most, and we got down to the final seven and that was as far as he was prepared to go! It will be one of: New York, Quebec, the Hebrides, Edinburgh, Paris, Reykjavik or Riga!

And my little baby will be one next month! That is unbelievable at the moment. Leo is definitely more of a baby than Toby was, though I suspect that is my own perception rather than him actually appearing younger to everyone else. He is a skinny malink though - he's still wearing 6-9 month clothing, bless him.

Well I think I've rambled on for long enough...
Byeee!

2 comments:

hello : ) said...

You will be fine if you are passionate about beyond chocolate which you definately are from reading your blog then it comes across. I was really nervous too as i didnt know what to expect but basically I was sitting on bean bags with Sophie who asked me some questions and i asked her some questions too. Their plans to evolve beyond chocolate are really exciting.

Have you been to the beyond chocolate place before? i found it really amazing as it brought back everything from the first workshop to me it has an amazing vibe.

Let us know how you get on and i look forward to meeting you in April when we start training

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Tuesday Nicola, thinking of you and sending you lots of luck!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope you become a Chocolate Fairy, you will be excellent!!