Tuesday, 18 September 2007

Lovely trip

I have just arrived home from my trip to London. The hotel was lovely and had a decent restaurant attached too. I got chatting to another guy who was dining on his own and he had come down from Nottingham too! It was slightly odd dining alone, but an experience I have wanted to try for a while. It was strange having no alternative other than to focus on my food. I am getting better at doing nothing else but eating, but I still often prefer to be doing two things at once. I had a plate of olives to nibble on, followed by duck confit with mashed potatoes, garlic, cannellini and green beans with rioja sauce. I was going to have a plate of cheese and crackers afterwards but I was delightfully satisfied so I decided not to have anything else.

I ate alone again this morning, but I couldn't find anything I really wanted to eat. In the end I opted for a sausage, a rasher of bacon, some mushrooms and some grilled tomatoes and a bowl of fruit salad. It didn't quite hit the spot though, sadly.

I got on fine with the tube and thankfully it wasn't at all rushed or crammed like it had been on my previous trips to London. I wore my lovely new shoes, but they were killing me by the time I got back to the hotel to pick up my overnight bag. It was such a relief to get my trusty flip flops back on!

I think the interview went well. It was really quite informal. It was just me and Sophie as Audrey expecting a baby soon. She was cooking something delicious that both Sophie and I caught a whiff of as I was leaving. Yum! We were sat on big pink beanbags in the new office and we chatted about my history, my work with the computer business that I run with my husband, the training course, what being a Chocolate Fairy involves, and plans for the future of Beyond Chocolate. The plans for expanding the company and what they offer is very exciting and I can't wait to see it come into action!

After my interview I went back to the hotel to fetch my bag and went to grab some lunch. I had an emmental and mushroom panini with a bottle of water.

My fingers are well and truly crossed. I felt that the chocolate fairy position would be a fantastic thing to do before my interview and meeting Sophie and hearing what she had to say about it all has made me even more excited!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping everything crossed for you Nicola. I really hope you become a Chocolate Fairy. Good luck!!

hello : ) said...

I have my fingers crossed for you babe sounds like it went really well you will make a great chocolate fairy x x x

Liquorice Torpedoes said...

I have my fingers crossed too though I'm sure they'll want you, you'll be a great chocolate fairy!

Lesley said...

I'll cross my fingers and toes too LOL. You'll make a fantastic fairy in the best possible sense!! I've always found your posts so insightful and helpful. Lx

Sunita said...

Best of luck Nicola! - I am sure you will make an excellent chocolate fairy!!! Fingers crossed!

Sunita said...

Best of luck Nicola! - I am sure you will make an excellent chocolate fairy!!! Fingers crossed!