Today I managed to offload both children at my mum's and meet my best friend, Natalie, for lunch in Nottingham. She's 5 months pregnant and just had her scan on Friday. She's having a little girl. And it doesn't make me the tiniest bit broody. Honest. Nope. Not one tiny weeny bit. Ahem.
So we met, and stood in the centre and tried to decide on somewhere to go for lunch. And all that could spring to mind was - McDonalds, Costa, Starbucks and Wetherspoons. In a city as big as Nottingham, that was all we could recall. How sad!
Anyway, we managed to make it up to the Cornerhouse where there are a few and settled upon Bella Italia. The food was ok, nothing special. The service wasn't great but not poor. I had Torta Caprino, which is Goat's cheese and spinach tart, followed by a lemon tart. They also sold flavoured sparkling Sanpelligrino which was lovely.
I just had a bowl of tomato soup for my dinner, but it was so dull I only ate half.
I started a bit of preparation work for my OU course as well. It doesn't start until the 6th October, but I have all the materials and they sent us a Preparing to Study booklet on learning to how read and taking notes efficiently.
Only another 9 hours until the morning post comes. Fingers still firmly crossed, and I really, truly appreciate all the support you have all given me over the last few weeks. It means so much, even if I didn't get a place on the training course, that you all think so highly of me. Thankyou :O)
Tuesday, 25 September 2007
Lunch in Nottingham
Posted by
Nicola
at
00:26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment