Saturday, 14 July 2007

Frustration

I am a little frustrated with myself this afternoon. I waited til I was hungry and found myself something I would enjoy eating but I ate too much. I got the signal but I still wanted more so I had two more mouthfuls and then I had two squares of dark chocolate.
It's silly really, and barely worth getting bothered about, but I'm a bit fed up that I know where I'm going wrong and I know what to do to fix it but it seems my inner child is still throwing tantrums when her dinner is being taken away.
Yet, maybe this is me on the verge of another breakthrough. I hope so. I have been feeling much happier with the challenges that intuitive eating brings lately. Most of the time I feel happy and released instead of deprived and trapped. I know I still have a long way to go, but it feels like a gentle stroll along the water's edge rather than a gruelling uphill slog.

I forgot to post on my blog last night, but wanted to copy the topic I posted on the Beyond Chocolate forum as it was another achievement for me.

Tonight I walked down the dessert aisles.
Yes, aisles.
The cream bun section, the chilled desserts, sundaes and yoghurts, the cakes and biscuits section, the chocolate bars section, the ice cream and frozen dessert aisles.And what did I come home with?
King prawns, linguine, extra virgin olive oil and a lemon which I had with black pepper from my cupboard.
Oh, I fib - I bought a bottle of Peartiser as well, no more listening to my husband tell me I must drink because it's Friday night!
No chocolate, no pudding, no icecream, and I don't even want any. I have chocolate mousses in my fridge, four bars of chocolate in my cupboard, icecream in my freezer and I forget it is there!
I appear to have been sucked into the Beyond Chocolate website and replaced with another self!

So I am progressing, I know I am, I'm just loving the buzz of realising I'm making progress and want to make more and more and more!


1 comment:

Liquorice Torpedoes said...

I think you're doing really well Nicola, it's taken me months to get to a similar place!