I was just reading Janey's blog and she finished her post for today with "Still room for improvement though!" and it reminded me of something I have read in the last few months but I couldn't remember where.
I searched on google and found this on a blog by a man called Manish Verma.
I had never thought of it that way. Imagine having nothing to improve on. I imagine at first it would be a little cool to be the best at everything you cared about, but then it would get boring. What would you fill your days with without improving yourself?If everything we attempted in life were achieved with a minimum of effort and came out exactly as planned, how little we would learn-and how boring life would be! And how arrogant we would become if we succeeded at everything we attempted. Failure allows us to develop the essential quality of humility. It is not easy-when you are the person experiencing failure-to accept it philosophically, serene in the knowledge that this is one of life’s great learning experiences. But it is. Nature’s ways are not always easily understood, but they are repetitive and therefore predictable. You can be absolutely certain that when you feel you are being most unfairly tested, you are being prepared for great achievement.
Courtesy: Napoleon Hill Foundation.
--------
Today, apart from receiving the wonderful news about the interview, has been pretty dull. I have had no desire to do anything. I managed to spill burning hot ratatouille all over myself and dinner was a big glass of orange and mango juice with duck pate on one slice of bread. I need to give in to this tiredness!
I'm considering starting running. I was going to do this before I found out I was pregnant with Leo. I've got a fantastic book on running called Running Made Easy by Susie Whalley and Lisa Jackson. I might fish out my running shoes, buy some clothes suitable for running in and start doing it. I need something active to fill my time between now and September.
Maybe I could run to the gym while I'm at it!

1 comment:
Congratulations on getting an interview for the Chocolate Fairy training. I have been contemplating applying myself. I'm sure you'll do well as you always come across really well on the forum.
K xx
Post a Comment